During our last presentation for DM3 Institute, we realized that many people do not Google their business to see how they rank and how they are displayed. That may not be a sound strategy if your customers are Googling your name before visiting your website.
Today we will give you 6 things to check in order to impress people on search engines before they visit your website.
The idea is to be sure that people will get the best opinion about you, before they actually enter your website.
1- Google your company name in a new incognito windows
2- Check What Google Displays for Your Website
- Title: Check that a properly written title is displayed
- Meta description: Check that your description is displayed properly -in our case there was an issue we had to fix-
- Google+: Make sure you have positive reviews (The more reviews the better) and the right link to your Google My Business Page
- Location: Most of the time it will be displayed either because you linked it to your My Business Page onGoogle+ or added the proper schema.org html
- Sitelink: It's not something you decide to display, but Google allows you via Google Webmaster Tool to remove some that you don't want to showcase
- Extra Links: If your website is properly indexed, you'll find all the other links here
3- Check that your Google + Page is Well Displayed
4- Check External Links
Even if you don't have a huge community behind each of these social media channels, make sure that you properly enter your company name, description and info in all these channels. So if for some reasons someone click one of your socuak pages he'll find all useful information and a link to your website.
5- Check your images
- You named properly all your images
- Use the right <alt> and <title> description
Don't forget that images are also a good way to showcase your portfolio and more. If you don't want this to happen you can still use a robot.txt to stop Google from displaying your image folder
6- Get Your Company Listed on Google Maps
Bonus - A step by step tutorial to get these steps done !
- Author: Florian UGHETTO
- [Weekly Review] - Google New Tool To Understand your Customer Journey
- [Weekly Review] - How to choose between SEO and SEA strategies
- [Weekly review] How to optimize your Google Searches
- [Weekly Review] - The top 5 reasons SME should contract an external Digital Expert on a yearly basis
- [Weekly Review] - Cost effective way to get your Business Online